Six Wah’s, Plus a Volume Pedal
- Classic Wah: The original analog classic Wah sound, mono or stereo in a lightweight, noise-free optically controlled package
- Mega Wah: We took the classsic wah and put it on steroids. Tons more OOOMPH on the bass frequencies and a tooth-rattling upper end.
- Trig Wah: The Mega-Wah sound triggered by a note. Sounds awesomely funky.
- Auto Wah: Why buy a pedal wah, envelope filter and auto-wah? This pedal does them all!
- Stereo Wah: Two circuits give twice the Wah and can be used in a stereo effects train.
- Stereo Reverse Wah: Flick a switch and reverse one channel for a neat melodic effect.
- Volume Pedal: At the flick of another switch, the pedal becomes a foot volume control.
The MEGA-WAH has five onboard control knobs and two slide switches that face you as you play:
- Four position selector switch to select any of the effects above.
- An overall effect gain (volume) to enable louder soloing as required.
- A resonance control to control the ‘Q’ (peak signal amplification). This controls the amount of wah from a subtle quack to a massive wail. Up to 15dB of peak amplification is available ensuring the most expressive and powerful wah sound out there.
- Envelope sensitivity control; the automatic envelope wah is triggered by your picking attack style (note velocity). You can vary the sensitivity so that the envelope can talk or quack according to your preference.
- An Autowah rate control to provide variable Autowah tempos.
- A slide switch to engage the foot-volume feature.
- A slide switch to reverse the Wah effect on the right channel.
- All analog circuitry.
- Easy to use. Patented ergonomic design with the control knobs facing you. The unique pedal shape allows more controls in a smaller footprint.
- Extended dynamic range achieved by doubling the operating rail voltage internally to provide more signal headroom.
- Reliable, wear-free, noise-free, pop-free optical operation. Bypassed when the pedal is all the way back (heel down).
- 9V operating voltage, 60mA current consumption (we recommend using an AC adapter, some batteries cannot reliably deliver 60mA for more than a few hours).
- Will accept standard 2.1mm 9VAC adapter supply plug, center negative. Adapter jack has protection diode to protect the pedal from an incorrect polarity should it occur.
- Bright blue LED to show effect is on and flashing red LED to show Auto-wah modulation rate.
- Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm).
- Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction, only 2.3lbs (1.1kg).
- CE, RoHS, FCC compliant.
The Gig-fx MEGA-WAH is the top-of-the-range King of all Wah pedals by providing the best tone and by being the most powerful, versatile Wah pedal ever built. Too add to the versatility, the MEGA-WAH has an supplementary onboard foot-volume control and two complete Wah circuits (true stereo) all in a compact lightweight durable aircraft aluminum package.
The pedal has found favor with a whole host of top musicians such as Grammy Award Winning Peter Frampton (for whom we customized a pedal for his signature version), Brett Tuggle (Fleetwood Mac), Eric Krasno and Neal Evans (Soulive), Jeff Wooton (Gorillaz, Oasis), Mike Scott (Prince, Justin Timberlake), Robin Finke (NIN), and many more.
The MEGA-WAH is a true stereo pedal, with two complete Wah circuits giving a stereo in and out capability. The pedal can be used mono-mono, mono-stereo or stereo-stereo. Being full stereo appeals to switched-on guitarists who use stereo imaging and to keyboard players who have long been frustrated with mono guitar effects.