Highly Versatile Bass Wah Pedal
The all-analog SUB-WAH has four onboard settings via a four-position selector switch:
- A classic Wah with the highly sensitive sweep characteristics and deep bass tones.
- The Signature SUB-WAH setting with the extended filter range and full low-end response and warm high-end. Has more bass response than some amps can handle. On this setting you might need to turn the sensitivity or gain down a bit!
- The funkiest, most melodic and talkative automatic Envelope Wah on the planet.
- An Auto-wah with a variable rate control.
- Four position selector switch to select any of the effects above.
- An overall effect gain (volume) to enable louder soloing as required.
- A resonance control to control the ‘Q’ (peak signal amplification). This controls the amount of wah from a subtle quack to a massive ping. Up to 15dB of peak amplification is available ensuring the most expressive and powerful wah sound out there.
- Envelope sensitivity control; the automatic envelope wah is triggered by your picking attack style (note velocity). You can vary the sensitivity so that the envelope can talk or quack according to your preference.
- An Autowah rate control to provide variable Autowah tempos.
- All analog circuitry.
- Easy to use. Patented ergonomic design with the control knobs facing you. The unique pedal shape allows more controls in a smaller footprint.
- All analog, clean and clear wide dynamic range achieved by doubling the operating voltage internally to provide more signal headroom.
- Reliable, wear-free, noise-free, pop-free optical operation. Bypassed when the pedal is all the way back (heel down).
- 9V operating voltage, 30mA current consumption (we recommend using an AC adapter).
- Will accept standard 2.1mm 9VAC adapter supply plug, center negative. Adapter jack has protection diode to protect the pedal from an incorrect polarity should it occur.
- Bright blue LED to show effect is on and flashing red LED to show Auto-wah modulation rate.
- Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm).
- Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction, only 2.3lbs (1.1kg).
- CE, RoHS, FCC compliant.
How it works
Most Wah pedals lose the low end of your guitar signal. They are limited by the inductor (filter) which has a relatively narrow bandpass (frequency range). Gig-fx employs a unique filter circuit with a wider range in order to enable the pedal to sweep from a low, funky bass response to a crisp high end without losing any of the famous mid tones that Wah pedals can provide. This wider range gives the pedal a much more expressive ping, quack and talk capability and also ensures that none of the vital low end is lost when the Wah is engaged. The SUB-WAH can respond all the way down to below low B making it one of the few Wah pedals with a such a powerful and expressive sweep.
When we designed the SUB-WAH, we thought it would be an easy off-shoot from the famous MEGA-WAH. We were wrong. Two years of hard work later, and after intense product testing and feedback from some of the most respected bass players out there, we ended up with the funkiest and most melodic Wah and Envelope filter ever produced for bass players, bar none. The end result is endorsed by the King of Funk, James Brown’s Bass player extraordinaire, Bootsy Collins, Theeramjam, Luis Espaillat, Mike McClean and many others.